Monday, January 31

Books from Gabe

There is a sweet lady who I met through my mom (She is in her ward) who lost her precious little boy Gabe about 6 months ago. They still aren't sure how he passed away, but she is seriously such an inspiration to me. I love to read her blog, she keeps such a great outlook on life. How hard would that be to lose someone you love so much as your child? I have no idea, but from what I can see, she is doing an AMAZING job at dealing with it. You can read about it here to get the full story, and to keep updated on how she is doing. 

Anyway, because she is such an awesome person, she decided to do a book drive from Gabe. She gathered donated books from all around the Pocatello area and held a night dedicated to labeling, categorizing, and cleaning the books. She then took them to Portneuf and a couple other hospitals for them to give children when they get admitted so they have something to read and take home with them. I thought it was such a good idea, and it probably means so much to that child who receives it. I was so fortunate to get to help, and the feeling was so amazing. Here is a picture from that night.

We love Amy. Thanks again for the opportunity.

No comments: